October 2019 DDA Update
Thanks to the folks from Pioneer Church for helping us put the skate rink together for the 2019 holiday season. We also owe thank yous to Engine Creative, Pennies Foundation, Ludington Library and Metal Works for putting together the skate loaner program.
Met October 7, 2019
Highlights: Approved 2020 budget. Approved 2020 event dates. Discussion on Food Trucks. Update regarding TIF plan. Fundraising committee was created.
View the full minutes here:
Met October 3, 2019
- LakeFX Media will be creating a holiday promotional video that will be used to promote shopping Downtown Ludington during the holiday season. This will be used in social media ads from November 1 thru Christmas.
- Ways to enhance the holiday season were discussed, including horse drawn carriage rides, tree lots, a Santa hut, string lights over the skate rink, carolers and more.
- We will be moving the lighting of the Christmas tree back to the end of the parade, as we used to do and inviting those along the parade route to follow the parade to gather around the tree for the lighting.
- Budget items were discussed for 2020, including collaborating with the CVB to put the Downtown map inside their in-market printed piece.
Met October 17, 2019
- Discussed putting a dumpster corral in the Filer Street parking lot, either by moving a current corral or negotiating with the contractor for another set.
- Discussion of trash issue in general. Made a list of possible solutions to give to Mitch Foster:
- Negotiate another corral
- Larger dumpsters
- Weekend empties
- Enforce fines for public dumping
- Glass dumpster to recycle instead of put in trash dumpsters
- Security cameras
- One large corral
- Discussion of food truck recommendations for the City Building & Licensing Committee. That summary document can be read here.