The City of Ludington provides 5 dumpster locations throughout the DDA.
FOR DOWNTOWN RESIDENTS ONLY!
$500 fine for non-resident dumping.
AM I A DOWNTOWN RESIDENT? View the map.
Each location has a container for general trash and cardboard.
Please break cardboard boxes down flat.
Each DDA address is allowed to dispose of two yards of trash per week.
This includes cardboard.
- One cubic yard is the area within a 3 ft x 3 ft x 3 ft cube.
- Two cubic yards of dumpster space equals approximately 400 gallons of material
- (4) 96 gallon containers
- (9) 44 gal bags
- (12) 32 gal bags
- (27) 15 gal kitchen bags
- If the dumpster nearest to you is full, please use one of the other 4 locations. Do not place bags outside of dumpsters or corrals.
All resident’s which live in apartments above the shopping district are eligible to participate in the City of Ludington’s monthly bulk item collection as part of the City refuse collection program.
Due to the confines of the downtown living there are some program restrictions and guidelines that do need to be followed including:
- Any resident that wishes to participate in the Bulky Item program must obtain a sticker from City Hall that is placed on the item.
There is a limit of 2-stickers per month per apartment.
- Items can not be placed out before 5:00 pm of the Tuesday before the first Wednesday of the month.
The first Wednesday of the month is the Bulky Item collection day for this area.
- All Bulky Items must be placed within the designated area located in the parking lot between N James St. & Rath Ave. just off Court St. as shown here.
- Do not place items for collection prior to 5:00 pm Tuesday Night, before the first Wednesday of each month.
- All items must be tagged with a bulky item sticker which can obtained from Ludington City Hall 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
- Please place items on the south side, outside of the corral.